I had a lot of fun this weekend at the Texas Motor Speedway. I was hired by the folks at the No Limits Campaign to drive a beautiful truck called a Rat Rod and to interact with racing fans. For those of you who don't know what a Rat Rod is, it's a creative combination of a variety of antique vehicles, usually pulled out of junkyards. The only limitation is that of a mechanic's imagination. The one I drove was a beauty. Here are her specs:
- 1941 pre-war Chevy truck body
- 1937 Ford chassis
- Ford Pinto front end with disc brakes
- Pontiac steering column
- 8-inch Ford rear end
- 2-speed Powerglide transmission
- the bed was shortened 20 inches
- the cab was chopped down 4 inches
- 327 Chevy small block motor
- 1955 Chevy radiator
- one of a kind American racing wheels
- Hudson Terraplane grill
- Mac truck bulldog figurehead
- Honda Accord bucket seats
- original 1940's Cole bottle opener
- stained Ash wood bed
- chainsaw piston shifter
On top of the fact that I got to drive this amazing machine all day in clothes that were designed specifically for me, I also had the great pleasure of hauling a group of ladies called the Heartland Sweethearts in the back. They were an awesome group of people. A good time all around.


No comments:
Post a Comment